The 25th Annual Florida Film Festival Announces Grand Jury & Audience Award WinnersDownload Press Release
Orlando, FL – (April 18, 2016) The Florida Film Festival announced the Grand Jury and Audience Awards of the 2016 Florida Film Festival at the Awards Ceremony on April 16th. The 25th Annual Florida Film Festival took place April 8-17, 2016, in Maitland and Winter Park, Florida, with Primary Sponsor Full Sail University and Primary Public Partners Orange County Government and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs.
· Special Jury Award for Achievement in Political Satire was presented to TOO LEGIT, directed by Frankie Shaw
· Grand Jury Award for Best Narrative Short was presented to RED FOLDER, directed by Ben Kallam
· Grand Jury Award for Best Animated Short was presented to THE LINGERIE SHOW, directed by Laura Harrison
· Grand Jury Award for Best Documentary Short was presented to PICKLE, directed by Amy Nicholson
· Audience Award for Best Short Film was presented to THE HOUSE IS INNOCENT, directed by Nicholas Coles
· Audience Award for Best Midnight Short was presented to PORTAL TO HELL!!!, directed by Vivieno Caldinelli
· Special Jury Award for Individuality of the Human Spirit was presented to BEST AND MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS, directed by Garrett Zevgetis
· Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature was presented to THE BABUSHKAS OF CHERNOBYL, directed by Holly Morris and Anne Bogart
· Grand Jury Award for Best Documentary Feature was presented to LEFT ON PURPOSE, directed by Justin Schein
· Special Jury Award for Excellence in Directing was presented to DONALD CRIED, directed by Kris Avedisian
· Audience Award for Best Narrative Feature was presented to BUDDYMOON (aka HONEY BUDDIES), directed by Alex Simmons
· Grand Jury Award for Best Narrative Feature was presented to THE OTHER KIDS, directed by Chris Brown
· Audience Award for Best International Feature was presented to HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE (New Zealand), directed by Taika Waititi
· Audience Award for Best International Short was presented to CARLO (Italy), directed by Ago Panini
2016 FLORIDA FILM FESTIVAL
Now in its 25th year, the Florida Film Festival is an Oscar®-qualifying festival, premiering the best in current, independent, and international cinema. Through ten days of 180 films and first-class events, film lovers mingle with filmmakers and celebrities over hand-crafted cocktails and a locally-sourced menu.
“[We] had a great time at the festival. We’ve been to a few festivals with the film, and Florida
is one of our favorites!” – Academy Award® winner Ron Judkins, FINDING NEIGHBORS
“Congrats on a fantastic festival. I loved being there. Have never seen a finer venue than
Enzian.” – Andrew Goldman, THE DESK
“We had such a phenomenal time at the festival and it really exceeded our expectations in every way. The staff, the screening experience, the A/V, the audiences – everything was exceptional.” – Dan Berk & Robert Olsen, BODY
“Besides the amazing hospitality, I must say, the films were strong – steady, uncompromising programming. Way to go! Orlando is a power house.” – Udy Epstein, 7th Art Releasing, FFF
Festival tickets are available for purchase online or at the Enzian box office:
The Festival is a program of the non-profit Enzian Theater. 2016 Festival sponsors to date include:
Primary Sponsor: Full Sail University
Primary Public Partners: Orange County Government – Florida, and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs
Public Partner: United Arts of Central Florida
Premiere Sponsors: Hilton Grand Vacations, Lure Design, Orlando Film Commission, Regal Entertainment Group, Winter Park Village
Major Sponsors: The Alfond Inn, Gifn, Doubletree by Hilton – Downtown Orlando, Kodak, Sprint, Terrapin Beer Company
Supporting Sponsors: Antonio’s Restaurants, Deeb Studios, Drive New Media, Enterprise Holdings Foundation, H.J. High Construction, Laughing Samurai, Masood Ahmed, Mears Transportation Group, Tampa Hillsborough Film and Digital Media Commission, Tito’s Vodka
Media Partners: Bright House, Florida Travel + Life, I Love Central Florida, Real Radio, Orlando Arts Magazine, Orlando Date Night Guide, Orlando Live, Orlando Magazine, Orlando Sentinel, Orlando Weekly, Passport Winter Park, ProductionHUB, The Daily City, Visit Orlando, Watermark, WPRK, and Yelp.
Our Sponsor community enriches the Festival experience and helps sustain the year-round programs of the not-for-profit Enzian.
https://www.floridafilmfestival.com/ https://twitter.com/FloridaFilmFest https://instagram.com/floridafilmfest/
Since 1992, Enzian has been the proud host of the Florida Film Festival. As part of its mission to entertain, inspire, educate, and connect the community through film, Enzian presents innovative and original cinematic programming not just during the Festival, but all year long. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-supported arts organization for which ticket revenue accounts for only 25% of its operating budget, Enzian owes its existence to the generosity of fans of film, food, and fun–like you. Enzian.org
Full Sail University:
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in the entertainment and media industry. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has been recognized as one of the 2015 “Top 25 Graduate & Undergraduate Schools to Study Game Design” by The Princeton Review, one of the Best Music Programs by Rolling Stone Magazine, and one of the Best Film Programs by UNleashed Magazine. Full Sail was named the 2014 “School/College of the Year” by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges, received the “21st Century Best Practices in Distance Learning Award” from the United States Distance Learning Association, and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Social Media Colleges by Studentadvisor.com.
Full Sail University is a Graduate and Undergraduate degree-granting institution offering on- campus and online degree programs in areas related to Art & Design, Business, Film & Television, Games, Media & Communications, Music & Recording, and Web & Technology. Full Sail graduate credits include work on OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Video Game Award nominated and winning projects.