2015 Florida Film Festival Announces Grand Jury & Audience Award WinnersDownload Press Release
Orlando, FL – (April 20, 2015) Enzian announced the Grand Jury and Audience Awards of the 2015 Florida Film Festival at the Awards Ceremony, hosted by Peg O’Keef on April 18th. The 24th Annual Florida Film Festival took place April 10-19, 2015, in Maitland and Winter Park, Florida, with Primary Sponsor Full Sail University and Primary Public Partners Orange County Government and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs.
- Special Jury Award for Innovation in Storytelling was presented to FOR OFELIA, directed by Christopher de las Alas
- Grand Jury Award for Best Narrative Short was presented to MYRNA THE MONSTER, directed by Ian Samuels
- Grand Jury Award for Best Animated Short was presented to THE PRIDE OF STRATHMOOR, directed by Einar Baldvin
- Grand Jury Award for Best Documentary Short was presented to UNMAPPABLE, directed by Diane Hodson and Jasmine Luoma
- Audience Award for Best Short Film was presented to THE GUNFIGHTER, directed by Eric Kissack
- Special Jury Award for Non-fiction Storytelling was presented to WELCOME TO LEITH, directed by Michael Beach Nichols and Christopher K. Walker
- Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature was presented to LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, directed by Thomas G. Miller
- Grand Jury Award for Best Documentary Feature was presented to TOMORROW WE DISAPPEAR, directed by Jimmy Goldblum and Adam Weber
- Special Jury Award for Outstanding Debut Performance was presented to Katerina Stoykova-Klemer, PROUD CITIZEN
- Audience Award for Best Narrative Feature was presented to IMPERIAL DREAMS, directed by Malik Vitthal
- Grand Jury Award for Best Narrative Feature was presented to IMPERIAL DREAMS, directed by Malik Vitthal
- Audience Award for Best International Feature was presented to THE 100-YEAR-OLD MAN WHO CLIMBED OUT THE WINDOW AND DISAPPEARED (Sweden), directed by Felix Herngren
- Audience Award for Best International Short was presented to BEAR STORY (Chile), directed by Gabriel Osorio
2015 FLORIDA FILM FESTIVAL
Now in its 24th year, the Florida Film Festival is an Oscar®-qualifying festival, premiering the best in current, independent, and international cinema. Through ten days of 170 films and first-class events, film lovers mingle with filmmakers and celebrities over hand-crafted cocktails and a delicious menu at Eden Bar and inside the theater.
Enzian and Florida Film Festival President, Henry Maldonado, welcomes you to “the festival with a heart.”
“This wonderful community is bringing so much love of film to new generations of young people… you touched my heart!!” –Jon Voight, Academy Award® winning actor
“I wish I could have stayed longer.” –Glenn Close, Academy Award® nominated actress
Festival tickets are available for purchase online or at the Enzian box office:
The Festival is a program of the non-profit Enzian Theater. 2015 Festival sponsors to date include Primary Sponsor: Full Sail University; Primary Public Partners: Orange County Government, Florida, and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs; Public Partners: Art Works, United Arts of Central Florida; Major Sponsors: Doubletree by Hilton Downtown Orlando, Kodak, Lure Design Incorporated, Metro Orlando Film Commission, Regal Entertainment Group, SunDance Marketing Solutions, Uber, Walt Disney World Resort, Whole Foods, Winter Park Village; Sponsors: The Alfond Inn, Antonio’s, Deeb Studios, Drive New Media, Enemy Ink, Gifn, H.J. High Construction, Mears Transportation Group, Sprint, Tampa Hillsborough Film and Digital Media Commission, Terrapin Beer Co., Women In Film & Television – Florida; Media Partners: Bright House, Florida Travel + Life, Real Radio, Orlando Arts Magazine, Orlando Date Night Guide, Orlando Live, Orlando Magazine, Orlando Sentinel, Orlando Style Magazine, Orlando Weekly, The Daily City, Visit Orlando, WKMG, WPRK, and Yelp.
Our Sponsor community enriches the Festival experience and helps sustain the year-round programs of the not-for-profit Enzian.
Since 1992, Enzian has been the proud host of the Florida Film Festival. As part of its mission to entertain, inspire, educate, and connect the community through film, Enzian presents innovative and original cinematic programming not just during the Festival, but all year long. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-supported arts organization for which ticket revenue accounts for only 25% of its operating budget, Enzian owes its existence to the generosity of fans of film, food, and fun–like you.
Full Sail University
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in the entertainment and media industry. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has been recognized as one of the 2014 “Top 25 Graduate Schools to Study Game Design” by The Princeton Review, one of the Best Music Programs by Rolling Stone Magazine, and one of the Best Film Programs by UNleashed Magazine. Recently, Full Sail was named the 2014 “School/College of the Year” by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges, received the “21st Century Best Practices in Distance Learning Award” from the United States Distance Learning Association, and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Social Media Colleges by Studentadvisor.com.
Full Sail offers on-campus and online Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree programs in areas related to Art & Design, Business, Film & Television, Games, Media & Communications, Music & Recording, and Web & Technology. Full Sail graduate credits include work on OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Spike VGX Video Game Award nominated and winning projects.