Volunteer for the FFF
If you have ever been to the Florida Film Festival, you know how important our dedicated volunteers are to the success of the event. The Festival relies on a team of several hundred volunteers to assist in various capacities before and during the 10-day event. This year’s Festival runs April 5th – 14th, and volunteers are needed as early as February for important pre-production activities. Volunteer positions cover a variety of days and times, so you’re sure to find a slot that fits your schedule and interests.
Supporting a unique non-profit organization, gaining valuable experience, and meeting others who share an enthusiasm for film are what makes volunteering at the Florida Film Festival worthwhile. Being able to participate in this event has proven to be a prized opportunity year after year.
Returning Volunteer Orientation: February 16, 2013 At Enzian 10AM–2PM
New Volunteer Orientation: February 23, 2013 At Enzian 9AM-1PM
We are truly grateful for all of the hard work our volunteers contribute during the Festival. Beyond our boundless appreciation, fun, and satisfaction of service, volunteers enjoy extra special benefits. All Florida Film Festival volunteers receive the following:
1. Access to Festival screenings when you are not scheduled to work and when seating is available ($9-$11 value. Wait to take your seat until the house manager on duty informs you it is appropriate to do so, which will be just before the show begins. You will be admitted only after all pass holders, single ticket holders, filmmakers, media, and stand-by ticket holders have been seated. Also, wear your Volunteer Badge. It is your I.D. to gain access.
2. One volunteer T-shirt (MUST be worn during shifts)
3. An invitation to the Volunteer & Staff Appreciation Party
4. Free admission passes to regular Enzian programming (based on number of hours volunteered. See below for details.)
• For every volunteer shift completed, you will receive two “Admit One” passes good for regular Enzian Programming (valued at $10 each).
• If you complete seven full volunteer shifts, you will receive 16 “Admit One” passes (valued at $160) and one Regular level membership to the Enzian Film Society (valued at $60).
• You will continue to receive two (2) “Admit One” passes good for regular Enzian programming for every completed shift above seven full volunteer shifts.
• EXPIRATION DATES APPLY on all passes, and they are valid for Enzian regular programming ONLY.
Volunteer Shift Descriptions
|Team||Shift Dates||Skills Required||Sample Duties|
|Clone Quality||Before Festival||Attention to detail||Pre-screening films for technical glitches in the screening room at the Point 100 offices (see map in Volunteer Handbook)|
|Marketing||Before & During Festival||Organization; Courteous and cheerful demeanor||Assembling collateral; Clerical work; Distribution of marketing materials; online and street team marketing.|
|Info/ “Ask Me”||Before & During Festival||Patience; Courteous and cheerful demeanor; Attention to detail||Educating festival guests about films, schedule, and general information while walking through venues; Providing “first impressions” to festival guests; Surveying guests for United Arts|
|Filmmaker||Before & During Festival||Courteous and cheerful demeanor||Checking in filmmakers as they arrive; Familiarizing filmmakers with events and surrounding area including venues and points of interest|
|Theater||During Festival||Courteous and cheerful demeanor; Organization||Taking tickets, counting attendees, counting ballots, post-film clean up of venues, works under direction of the House Manger|
|Events||Before & During Festival||Able & willing to lift heavy items; Ability to work well in large crowds; Assertive yet courteous demeanor||Setting up and breaking down special events and parties, lifting and/or moving tables, wine, tents, etc. Works under direction of the Event Coordinator|
|On-Site Runner||Before & During Festival||MUST be at least 21 years old; Good driving record; Use own Vehicle||Use own transportation to run errands between venues; Mileage will be reimbursed|
|Driver||During Festival||Courteous and cheerful demeanor; Organization; Strong communication skills; Attention to detail;MUST be at least 25 years old; Good driving record; Professionalism & dependability||Ensuring festival jurors and special guests are on time to assigned screenings by transporting them to and from their lodgings and the different venues. Drivers are solely responsible for jurors’ on-time arrival as films cannot begin until all jurors are present. If you are interested in being a driver, positions will be offered at Orientation via a quick interview. And additional orientation will follow.|
All shifts are based on teams, and most activities will be located at Enzian Theater, Enzian’s Festival office (Point 100), and Regal Winter Park Village. Please read below to familiarize yourself with the different kinds of opportunities available.
Shift lengths run between three and six hours.
What You Can Expect as a Volunteer
As a volunteer you will be a valuable part of a prestigious film festival production team. You can expect to be treated with courtesy and respect. You should expect to both work hard and have fun. A great deal of work must be done, but there is also time to make new friends and enjoy the Festival.
What We Expect from Our Volunteers
As a volunteer, you are expected to arrive for your shift on time, dressed appropriately, ready to work, and with a good attitude. We expect volunteers to treat each other, Festival patrons, and staff in the same manner that they would want to be treated: with a smile and courteous attitude at all times. Volunteers should plan on pitching in when needed and working hard while enjoying what the Festival has to offer.
(Flexibility and a sense of humor are great assets!)
Positions available on FFF staff
Nothing at the moment but stay tuned!